If you are considering a nose job you may want to know how your recovery will be.
Rhinoplasty is the second most common performed cosmetic procedure. In many cases, nose surgery is performed for cosmetic reasons such as correction of a bump on the back of the nose or to change the tip shape. In other cases, nose reshaping is performed as part of nasal septal surgery to correct a breathing problem or severe deviation of the nose.
Regardless of the reason for rhinoplasty, here are five great tips for your recovery:
1. Swelling of the nose can last up to a year. Your nose shape will continue to improve during that time and swelling will gradually subside.
2. Nose surgery can affect your breathing and this is usually due to swelling and improves with time. If you continue to have breathing problem you should consult with your surgeon.
3. Bruising usually lasts for about three weeks. This means that you should plan your surgery ahead of time and before any social or business engagements.
4. Scarring is usually minimal if any.
5. The nose splint is usually removed one week after your surgery and you should avoid contact sports for three weeks after surgery.
If you are interested in nose reshaping or have questions about the surgery you can contact our office at 619-522-0821 to schedule consultation. Moneer Jaibaji, MD is a board certified plastic surgeon serving the San Diego area.
For Nose job revisions we recommend in person consultation with Dr. Jaibaji.